Jesus Christ, Transforming Lives, to Transform a Community.
Through Spiritual Revival and Social Renewal.
Our values both dictate who we are and help us to stay focused on what’s important to us.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father and in his personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Being Reformed means:
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth.
- We believe that God created man and woman in a state of sinless perfection with particular dignity as his image bearers on the earth.
- We believe that Adam and Eve sinned against God and that everyone since is a sinner by nature and choice. Sin has totally affected all of creation including marring God’s image and likeness so that all of our being is stained by sin (including reasoning, desires and emotions).
- We believe that because all people have sinned and separated themselves from the Holy God that he is obligated to save no one from the just deserved punishment of hell.
- We believe that God in his unparalleled love and mercy has chosen to elect some people for salvation. We also believe that the salvation of the elect was predestined by God in eternity past.
- We believe that the salvation of the elect was accomplished by the sinless and obedient life, the substitutionary atoning death and the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ in place of his people for their sins.
- We believe that the salvation of the elect, by God’s grace alone, shows forth in the ongoing repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ that leads to good works.
- We believe that God’s saving grace is ultimately irresistible and that God can soften even the hardest heart and save the worst of sinners according to his will.
- We believe that the gospel should be urgently proclaimed to all people so that through the preaching of God’s word and by the power of God’s Spirit they may believe and so be saved.
- We believe that true Christians who are born again of God’s Spirit will be kept by God throughout their life, as evidenced by personal transformation that includes an ever-growing love of God the Father through God the Son by God the Spirit, love of brothers and sisters in the church and love of lost neighbours in their culture.
- We believe God continues to give gifts to his people for the edification of his church. However we do not believe any particular gift is evidence of a fullness of the Spirit. We believe the mature course for church life is to focus on the centre – prayer, preaching the gospel to the world, godly living, loving service and Christ himself as revealed to us in the fully sufficient word of God.
Being Missional means:
- We believe that our local churches must be faithful to the unchanging content of Biblical doctrine.
- We believe that it is important for local churches and ministers of the gospel to take heed to the changing context of the culture in which they minister.
- We believe that our mission is to bring people to Christ, enfold them in his church so that they can be trained to go out into their culture as effective missionaries.
The Bible is God’s Word to all people. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. Because it was inspired by God, the Bible is truth without any mixture of error and is completely relevant to our daily lives.
God has existed in relationship with Himself for all eternity. He exists as one substance in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Although each member of the Trinity serves different functions, they each possess equal power and authority.
God is great: He is all powerful, all knowing, ever present, unchanging, completely worthy of our trust, and above all, Holy. It is in Him that we live, move and exist. God is good. He is our Father. He is loving, compassionate, and faithful to His people and His promises.
Man is made in the image of God and is the supreme object of His creation. Man was created to have fellowship with God but became separated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, man cannot attain a right relationship with God through his own effort. Every human personality is uniquely created, possesses dignity, and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
The blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the only way of salvation through the forgiveness of sin. Salvation occurs when people place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin. Salvation is a gift from God, and it cannot be earned through our own efforts.
The Church is a local community of baptized believers unified through faith in Christ. It is committed to the teachings of Christ and obeying all of His commands, and it seeks to bring the Gospel to the world. The Church works together in love and unity, intent on the ultimate purpose of glorifying Christ.
Jesus Christ is completely human but, at the same time, completely God. He is the only plan for bringing people who are far from God back into a right relationship with God. He lived a perfect life, so that He could be a substitution for us in satisfying God’s demands for perfection. He defeated death in His resurrection so that we can have life.
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit’s presence assures us of our relationship with Christ. He guides believers into all truth and exalts Christ. He convicts people of their sin, God’s righteousness, and the coming judgment. He comforts us, gives us spiritual gifts, and makes us more like Christ.
Man was created to exist forever. He will exist either eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is Heaven. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence.